How to move Magento site from subdomain to main domain?
Moving magento site from subdomain to main domain (and vice-versa) is quite easy. And you can do it by two different way and you will feel it is more easy when you go through how to do it.
You need to do as per following steps to achieve this:
- Go to Magento Admin –> System –> Configurations –> Web –> Unsecure URL & Secure URL. Change both the secure URL and unsecure URL to the domain that you are going to be moved to. Be sure to include the “/” at the end of the domain name.
- Go to your File Manager and click “Select All”. Click “Move” and key in “/public_html” to move it to the main domain’s directory.
- You may need to clear the caches at “var/cache” and “var/session” after you have moved all files over.
You can also do the same process by another way:
- Go to phpMyAdmin. Find and and choose your database on which your magento site is running.
- Scroll down and look for core_config_data table and click “Browse”.
- Find the path “web/unsecure/base_url” and “web/secure/base_url”.
- Click on the “Pencil” icon of both of the path above and edit the URLs accordingly.
- Click “Go” after the URLs have been edited.
STEP 2:You may need to clear the caches at “var/cache” and “var/session” after you have moved all files over.
Note:- It is always good to have backup your files and databases before doing these exercises.