Increasing the upload_max_filesize in WordPress Admin
The default upload file size for WordPress is 2 MB, which is a problem if you want to upload a large media files. If you get this error, “The uploaded file exceeds the upload_max_filesize directive in php.ini”, follow these steps:
1. Locate the php.ini file inside the wp-admin directory.
2. Find this line in the php.ini file “upload_max_filesize = 2M” and replace it with a higher value (e.g. “upload_max_filesize = 64M”)
3. You may also want to increase your max post size. Look for this line in your php.ini file “post_max_size” and increase it as well.
4. Save the changes to the file inside your wp-admin directory.
5. Try the upload again
6. If you still have issues, look for this file in your root directory and make the same changes.
If you can’t find this file see notes below :
Copy below code and save file as php.ini and upload into wp-admin folder
memory_limit = 64M
upload_max_filesize = 64M
post_max_size = 64M
file_uploads = On
Or you can download php_ini.txt and rename it as php.ini from here